3636 East 4th Avenue
VANCOUVER, British Columbia
Start with having to figure out complex scheduling. Add long hours and demanding clients and it's clear why your dispatchers can feel like they need reinforcements. Not only does your on-time delivery and customer satisfaction suffer, you have to deal with job turnover.
The goal of the Dispatcher Training course is to give dispatchers, schedulers, shippers, and their managers the practical, technical, ready mixed concrete-specific customer-centered information and skills they need to increase productivity and job satisfaction. Class size is limited, so there's time for personal attention.
This course teaches dispatchers, schedulers and their managers how to take orders, schedule and deliver concrete that meets all the requirements as agreed to with customers. The course hones in on a dispatcher's job skills, including:
· taking orders
· dealing with priority customers
· using advance notices to ease scheduling and delivery
· clean ups
· add on orders
· will calls
· small load charges
· excessive unloading times
· scheduling math
· plant vs. central dispatch
· managing the dispatch office and personnel
· rapid problem solving skills, including value selling
· expert phone listening skills
· maintaining a proper attitude under stress
Skills are immediately applicable when the participant returns to their workplace.
Course Instructor: JIM WAGNER
Now retired, Jim Wagner was the vice president of dispatch & management consulting for Command Alkon. He began his concrete career as a dispatcher for Ready Mixed Concrete Co. of Minneapolis in 1964.
- In 1973 he founded Advanced Control Systems (ACS) to market dispatching systems.
- In 1975, ACS introduced the first commercial computerized dispatching system.
- In 2001, Jim literally wrote the book on concrete dispatching with his top-selling book, The Handbook of Ready-Mix Concrete Dispatch.
- He is the prime lecturer for NRMCA’s Dispatching Forum since 1968 and has lectured for NRMCA, CONEXPOCON/AGG and the World of Concrete.
Cost for the course is $375 per person for Concrete BC members , $700 per person for non-members + GST. Handouts and lunch are included.
- For support or inquiries, please email email@example.com or call 604-626-4141.
Accent Inn Burnaby
3777 Henning Drive
Burnaby, BC V5C 6N5
No cancellations after December 3, 2019.